Visas to China
Minimize the possibilities for error. Please ask for our assistance package where one of our agents will send you a step by step guide and personalized assistance in order to walk you through the process.
From the moment that we receive your documents, you can be guaranteed that we use the outmost confidentiality and care in handling your information and preparing your documents.

Chinese Business Visa Application (F)

A Business Visa, or (F) Visa, is issued to a foreigner who is invited to China to attend a lecture or an investigation, to do business, to participate in a scientific, technological or cultural exchange, or to do short-term advanced studies or an internship for a period of no more than six months.

Visa Requirements:

  1. Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least six months from your planned departure date and have at least one blank page in it. The amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for visa stamps. If you do not have any blank visa pages in your passport, you must first amend your passport to have pages added. If your passport expires within six months, you must first renew your passport. We can assist you in obtaining a new US passport, renewing your current one, or obtaining additional visa pages for your current valid passport. We will secure your visa using the added pages or new passport.
  2. One completed Visa Application Form (Q1). NOTE: Improperly completed forms may delay the processing of your visa.
  3. One passport picture in color, front view and with a plain/light background.
  4. One copy of your round trip airline tickets and hotel reservation.
  5. Click here for China Consular Fees and the visa processing options. The China Consular fee and the Inter-American Group Service Fee must be paid separately.
  6. Two Letters of Authorization to process your visa.
  7. Complete the Customer Order Form.
  8. A business letter from your company, addressed to the “Embassy of China, Visa Section, Washington, D.C.,” printed on your company’s official letterhead. Click here for a sample letter. The letter must include:
  • An introduction of the applicant, indicating the applicant’s position in the company.
  • States the nature of the business to be performed by the applicant. 
  • Guaranteeing return of the transportation and sufficient funds for the applicant’s visit. 
  • Be signed by an officer of the company other than the applicant.
  1. A business letter of invitation from the company to be visited in China (must be printed on Chinese company’s official letterhead). This letter must mention the applicant and explain the purpose of his/her visit. In addition, the letter must indicate the length and place of stay, and include the company’s contact information.

Additional Requirements:

  • US citizens may apply for a Single Entry Business Visa (valid for 3-6 months), a Double Entry Visa (valid for 6 months), or a Multiple Entry Visa (valid for 6 or 12 months), as needed.
  • US citizens may apply for a Multiple Entry Visa that is valid for 24 months if:
    1. The applicant submits the documents needed to prove that they have made an investment in China, or have established a partnership with a Chinese company (e.g. business license, contract, a letter of appointment, etc.). The documentation must be notarized by a Chinese Government official, an authorized government office, or by the Regional office of the Chinese Foreign Economic Relations and Trade Commission, and include their 4-digit reference number.

    2. The applicant has been issued a Business Visa at least twice before. Copies of both visas must be submitted. The Embassy may ask the applicant to provide additional documents.
  • Non US-passport holders, foreign visitors with a valid US visa, or foreign residents with legitimate status in the US may apply for a visa to China.  Applicants in these categories must send a photocopy of their US Green Card, Work Permit, I-20 Form, valid US Visa, and a valid ID along with the above requirements.  The Embassy will decide whether to issue the visa on a case by case basis. The Embassy always has the right to ask the applicant to provide additional documents.
  • A former Chinese national who has never obtained a Chinese visa before, must write their Chinese name in the application form and submit their original Chinese passport as well as a photocopy of the information page of the passport. In the event of a name change, the official name change documents should be provided. For a Former Chinese national with a previous Chinese visa, they must submit the old US passport or a photocopy of the Chinese visa in addition to the new US passport.

  • When applying for a child who is a US citizen with Chinese parents, the parents must provide a copy of the child's birth certificate, a copy of the parents' Chinese passports and proof of parents' legal status in the United States. They must also submit a Letter of Authorization signed by both parents.

  • When applying for a minor, the parents must provide a copy of the child's birth certificate, a copy of the information page of each parent’s passport, and a letter of authorization signed by both parents.

Please send the above documents Courier Service, FEDEX, UPS or Airport Delivery at the following address, and email with the tracking number:

Inter-American Group, Inc. –
1717 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W. Suite 900
Washington, D.C. 20006

  • If you have any questions, please contact us.
  • The Chinese Embassy will not accept Visa applications by mail. Applicants must either contract an agency like Inter-American Group or apply in person.
  • Please read the relevant application instructions.
  • Submitted Visa applications must be filled out completely and correctly.

If you are a US citizen traveling to China, you need to obtain a visa before going on your trip. We can help you fill out a Chinese Business Visa Application if you are traveling for tourism or to do business in China. If you are not a US Citizen, please check if you need a visa before making your travel plans.

The complex processing of business visas can lead to serious mistakes and misunderstandings, which can delay your travel plans and result in costly errors. Focus all your attention instead on the business goals of your trip, while we handle the rest of the logistics.

If you need help filling out the Chinese Business Visa Application, IAG can help you obtain all necessary information and offers expedited service. All services are limited to time standards of the Embassy/Consulate business hours.

Contact us today to learn how to fill out your Chinese Business Visa Application.

1717 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W. Suite 900 Washington, D.C. 20006
Phone: (202) 223-7203 - Fax: (202) 223-7205
Toll Free: 1-866-727-7362

Inter-American Group Inc BBB Business Review Find us:
Travel Tools
Business Visa to China
Need a VisaBusiness Visas (F Visas) are issued to a foreigner who is invited to China for a business visit, an investigation, a lecture, scientific,-technological and cultural exchanges, short-term advanced studies or an internship for a period of no more than six months.

Tourist Visa to China
Need a VisaTourist Visas (L Visas) are issued to a foreigner who wants to visit China for sightseeing or to visit family or friends as well as for other personal affairs. [more]

Work Visa to China

Need a VisaEmployment Visas (Z Visas) are issued to a foreigner who intends to move to China for a post or employment, as well as for their accompanying family members. [more]