Visas to China
Minimize the possibilities for error. Please ask for our assistance package where one of our agents will send you a step by step guide and personalized assistance in order to walk you through the process.
From the moment that we receive your documents, you can be guaranteed that we use the outmost confidentiality and care in handling your information and preparing your documents.

Obtain a Tourist Visa for China (L)

A Tourist Visa, or L Visa, is issued to a foreigner who wants to visit China for sightseeing, to visit family members or friends, as well as for other personal affairs.

Visa Requirements:

  1. Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least six months from your planned departure date and have at least one blank page in it. 

    • The amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for visa stamps.
    • If you do not have any blank visa pages in your passport, you must first add pages to your passport.
    • If your passport expires within six months, you must renew your passport first.

    We can assist in obtaining a new US passport, renewing a current one, or obtaining additional visa pages for your current valid passport. We will secure your visa using the added pages or new passport.

  2. One completed Visa Application Form (Q1). NOTE: Improperly completed forms may delay the processing of your visa.
  3. One passport picture in color, front view and with a plain/light background.
  4. One copy of your round trip airline tickets and hotel reservation.
  5. Click here for China Consular Fees and the visa processing options. The China Consular fee and the Inter-American Group Service Fee must be paid separately.
  6. Two Letters of Authorization to process your visa.
  7. Complete the Customer Order Form.


Additional Requirements:

  • Non US citizens, temporary foreign visitors with a valid US visa, or foreign residents with legitimate status in the US may apply for a visa to China. Applicants in these categories must send a photocopy of their US Green Card, Work Permit, I-20 Form, valid US Visa, and a valid ID along with the above requirements. The Embassy will decide whether to issue the visa on a case by case basis. The Embassy may always ask the applicant to provide additional documents.
  • A former Chinese national, must write their Chinese name in the application form and submit their original Chinese passport as well as a photocopy of the information page of the passport. In the event of a name change, the official documents proving the name change should be provided. For a former Chinese national who has already acquired a Chinese visa, they must submit the old US passport or a photocopy of the Chinese visa in addition to the new US passport.
  • When applying for a minor who is a US citizen with Chinese parents, the parents must provide a copy of the child's birth certificate, a copy of the parents' Chinese passports and proof of the parents' legal status in the United States. They must also submit a Letter of Authorization signed by both parents.
  • When applying for a minor, the parents must provide a copy of the child's birth certificate, a copy the information page of each parent’s passport, and a letter of authorization signed by both parents.

Please send the above documents Courier Service, FEDEX, UPS or Airport Delivery at the following address, and email with the tracking number:

Inter-American Group, Inc. –
1717 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W. Suite 900
Washington, D.C. 20006

  • If you have any questions, please contact us.
  • The Chinese Embassy will not accept Visa applications by mail. Applicants must either contract with an agency like Inter-American Group or apply in person.
  • Please read the relevant application instructions.
  • Submitted Visa applications must be filled out completely and correctly.

If you are a US citizen traveling to China, you need to obtain a visa before going on your trip. You should apply for a Tourist Visa for China if you are traveling to China for tourism. If you are not a US Citizen, please check if you need a visa before making your travel plans.

Tourist visas are the subject of complex and highly regulated laws and regulations which differ greatly from country to country. An erroneously issued document can cost you your vacation with your family. Don’t waste time or money. Let our experts help you with the processing of your visa.

If you are applying for a Tourist Visa for China, IAG can offer two day service. All services are limited to time standards of the Embassy/Consulate business hours.

Contact us today to get your Tourist Visa for China.


1717 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W. Suite 900 Washington, D.C. 20006
Phone: (202) 223-7203 - Fax: (202) 223-7205 
Toll Free: 1-866-727-7362


Travel Tools
Business Visa to China
Need a VisaA business visa (F Visa) is issued to an alien who is invited to China for a visit, an investigation, a lecture, to do business, scientific-technological and culture exchanges, short-term advanced studies or internship for a period of no more than six months.
Tourist Visa to China
Need a VisaTourist Visa (L Visa) is issued to an alien who comes to China for sightseeing or visiting family members or friends or for other personal affairs. [more]

Work Visa to China

Need a VisaEmployment (Z) Visa is issued to an alien who comes to China for a post or employment, and his/her accompanying family members. [more]